Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

In Memory of a Friend


I was reminded today of a friend who took his own life. We kind of grew up together and I remember him as someone who spurred my love for singing.  He passed quite many years ago, and I still think of him once in awhile. I pray he has found comfort and I certainly hope to see him in the Day of the Lord.

Prayer by Vienna Cobb Anderson
Bless, O God of eternal life,
all who have died
by their own hand.
Grant them peace
from their inner turmoil
and the compassion of your love.
Comfort those who mourn
their loved ones.
Strengthen them to face the questions of pain,
the guilt and anger,
the irreparable loss.
Help us to reach out in love
to others who prefer death
to the choices of life
and to their families who grieve.
Amen.
Source: Beliefnet

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.