Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Super Bowl Prayer



1 Timothy 4:8 (NLT)
       “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

Father the athletes playing in the Super Bowl this Sunday will demonstrate the results of physical training, discipline and determination to win. These are all admirable traits in the pursuit of excellence.

Father may we recognize with the Apostle Paul that: “All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.”
1 Corinthians 9:25-27 (NLT)

I ask Father that we Christians may be devoted in our daily lives to the training and discipline of godliness which will honor and glorify you. And I pray for the safety and success of your people serving you in the arena of life. I would also pray for those engaged in a game of great competition (Super Bowl 50) to be safe from serious injury and to demonstrate the kind of sportsmanship that would honor you and be a credit to their game.  

Through every area of endeavor I pray for your glory in the name of Jesus who accomplished the greatest victory, salvation through faith in his sacrifice for us.


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.