Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Refuge


 
 
Psalm 5:11-12 (NLT)
     11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy. 12 For you bless the godly, O LORD; you surround them with your shield of love.

Father, in view of the violence that we witness, there are three words in this passage that draw my attention: refuge, protection, and shield. We see so many victims and so little justice. I am reminded of what Jesus said: “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33 (NLT)

Father I pray for those suffering that they will find refuge in your strength, protection in your power and the shield of love in your compassion. Though at times we are dismayed and disquieted by the trials we face, we take to heart your word to Paul: “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT) Therefore Father “We are confident of all this because of our great trust in God through Christ.” 2 Corinthians 3:4 (NLT)

Father, help us to remember Psalm 91:14 (NLT)
   The LORD says, “…. I will protect those who trust in my name.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord's shield is what will keep us from the ills of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.