Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Vulnerability

2 Corinthians 12:10 (NLT)
   “….I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”


Father, for Paul to find pleasure in his vulnerability is surprising if not amazing. Weaknesses usually expose our frailty, fear and potential failure, yet Paul found the words of Christ more than sufficient and so can we. Jesus says to all of us: “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’ 2 Corinthians 12:9a (NLT)

Father, how wise was Paul to understand that at his greatest moments of vulnerability was the opportunity to experience the greatness of Christ’s strength. So he could optimistically say: “So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9b (NLT)

Yes Father, because of your grace, we can say with Paul: “I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”  Philippians 4:13 (NLT)
 
Father how wonderful that our weaknesses do not have to inhibit us from doing your will and accomplishing your purpose, even in the most difficult circumstances and hardships of life. Our vulnerability is no match for the grace and power of Christ at work in us.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.