Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

God’s Good Will

Psalm 91:14-16 (ESV)
   14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. 15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”


Father, six times in this brief passage of Scripture you affirm your good will toward those who hold fast to you with loving affection and know your name with personal attention. It is an intimate interaction of the soul with the Sovereign God. Thank you Father for making this relationship possible and we can affirm the summation of the Apostle Paul in relation to your will, that it is indeed “….good and acceptable and perfect.”

We sing the words of the Psalmist: “The LORD is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made”. Psalm 145:9 (ESV)
 
Thank you Father for your good will that was given to us in the gift of your Son, our Savior and Lord, Jesus.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.