Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

CONTENT

Philippians 4:11-13 (NLT)
   11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.


Father there are three phrases in these verses that unveil the mystery of a satisfied life. I guess I could put it this way:

   I have the sufficiency of life that is possible through understanding and trusting in the revealed truth that in Christ is disclosed the means and strength of a content life. Life not based on circumstances or self-mastery but on the sovereign wisdom and power of Christ. That in Him is the grace and strength to adapt, to apply and to accept God’s will in all things whether in need or plenty.

Father your Word which is true and when trusted enables us to say: “I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” So then we can affirm that our sufficiency and satisfaction are from the Lord. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,” 2 Corinthians 3:5 (ESV)

Thank you Father that in Christ life is complete and content as we learn to follow and be faithful to Him. So then I can say with the Psalmist “The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.  Psalm 23:1 (NLT)  


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.