Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

YET

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (NLT)
   17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! 19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength!


Job understood what a later prophet would express with astonishing hope viewed through a little word yet. Job had suffered catastrophic loss. Totally broken he experienced grief at such a depth that few could fathom its darkness. And yet in those weeks and months of agonizing doubt and fear his faith in the living God having been severely tested was not destroyed. Father his words are such a comfort and challenge.
Job 1:20-21 (NLT)
20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship.
21 He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!” 
 

Father, life’s greatest disasters do not diminish your greatness, demean your glory or negate your faithful love.

Such circumstances give us the opportunity to show the real value of life, relationship with you. There is nothing greater in life than knowing and trusting you. Thank you Father that there is a yet that makes such a difference in our lives.


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.