Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

What Does God Ask of Us?


Father, when I say I love you I sometimes wonder how you would like me to express that love. Then, I remember how in your Word you have stated clearly the response you desire. Such as in Deuteronomy 10:12 (ESV)

    "….. what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,”

Father to fear you is to live my life out of respect for you. To walk in your ways is to live my life in fellowship with you. To love you is to live my life worshiping you. To serve you is to live my life really caring for others with all of my heart and soul.  

Father, thank you for this practical way of loving you and being helpful to others. Surely this is the meaning of what you require and what I long to do.


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.