Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

LEADERS


Romans 13:1 (NLT)
    ….all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.


Romans 13:4 (NLT)
   ….The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good.
Psalms 101:4-7 (NLT)
   4 I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil. 5 I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. I will not endure conceit and pride. 6 I will search for faithful people to be my companions. Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me. 7 I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house, and liars will not stay in my presence.


Father, when I think of why you established government and King David’s criteria for leaders in his administration how I pray that from local cities to our nation’s capital there would be such a standard for men and women in public service.

There is a need for national repentance and returning to YOU. Help us Father, to turn from our selfish, self-serving and self-seeking ways. Our nation is divided and disgraced by the hypocrisy and hedonism we embrace. We should be blushing from the shame of our sin and yet we are brazen and arrogant in our foolishness.

Father we could be so much better. We could have peace and prosperity if we would only be mindful and obedient. Your Word reminds us that: Godliness makes a nation great, but sin is a disgrace to any people.” Proverbs 14:34 (NLT)

 Father, help our leaders to lead the way back to YOU! Amen


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.