Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A Barrowed Prayer


Galatians 4:6 (NLT)
    And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.”

Father sometimes my mind gets too cluttered like falling leaves getting stuck in a drain spout or too many people trying to squeeze through a revolving door. It seems it would be nice to barrow a prayer and say that goes for me too.  But in reality it would be better to express my weary mind through my own slow thoughts though I might heartily agree with the supplications if more energetic saints.

So let me just say that I love you and deeply value your incredible generosity and grace that you allow to flow so freely into my life. I marvel at your mercy, am humbled by your love and overwhelmed by your personal care. To call you my Father is a privilege beyond measure, and a blessing beyond containment. 

So though I feel like using a borrowed prayer, I will simply look up into your tender eyes and say Abba.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.