Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

AN HONEST CONFESSION



John 1:8,9  "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Dietrich Bonhoeffer said this:  "It is only because we follow Jesus that we can be genuinely truthful, for then He reveals to us our sin upon the cross.  The cross is God's truth about us, and therefore it is the only power that can make us truthful.  When we know the cross we are no longer afraid of the truth."

Dear Heavenly Father, an honest confession is all You ask.  No hoops to jump through, no self-flagellation, and certainly no pay-offs or imprisonment.  Just an acknowledgement of the truth ~ truth that You already know, truth that I have to admit.  There is nothing I can do to earn Your forgiveness.  I can only surrender to it.  Christ died for sinners while we were sinners.  The price has already been paid.  Here I am Lord, a sinner in need of a Savior.  Purify me with the blood of Jesus.  In Your faithfulness and justice, please forgive me and make me clean.   Amen, and Amen.

 
"Hide me, Lord, in Your holiness,
Ev'ry sin I now confess.
Praise to You, Forgiving Lord,
Hide me in Your holiness,
Hide me in Your holiness."
~~Steve Ragsdale
 
Prayer from the Maranatha Worship Bible

Image from googleimages.com

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.