Anyone who is having troubles should pray. ... When a believing person prays, great things happen. -James 5:13,16 NCV

A prayer to be faithful ...

Giver of Mercies, thou hast been pleased to commit to me various talents, which thou requirest me to occupy until thy coming. Thou hast given me time, property, influence, knowledge, and feeling, wherewith to advance thy glory, and to promote human welfare.

Lord, let me not be as the wicked and slothful servant, who hid his talent in the earth, and vainly sought to avert the doom of his guilty indolence. Alas, how have the faculties and opportunities thou hast in mercy given me, been neglected, perverted, and abused. Too often I have sought my own corrupt pleasures, instead of fulfilling the exalted and ennobling duties thou hast set before me.

O give me an ever-present conviction, that the means with which thou hast invested me, are only gills in trust, which thou wilt require from me again with usury. Help me, I beseech thee, so to understand and employ them, that in the great day of reckoning, I may receive the plaudit—"Well done, thou good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things : enter thou into the joy of thy Lord."

Amen
...a prayer of Albert Barnes

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.