Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
"Most merciful God, order my day so that I may know what you want me to do, and then help me to do it. Let me not be elated by success or depressed by failure. I want only to take pleasure in what pleases you, and only to grieve at what displeases you.

"For the sake of your love I would willingly forgo all temporal comforts.

"May all the joys in which you have no part weary me.

"May all the work which you do not prompt be tedious to me.

"Let my thoughts frequently turn to you, that I may be
    obedient to you without complaint,
    patient without grumbling,
    cheerful without self-indulgence,
    contrite without dejections,
    and serious without solemnity.

"Let me hold you in awe without feeling terrified of you, and let me be an example to others withtout any trace of pride."

                Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274)
                Quoted in "Prayers for Today" by Kurt Bjorklund

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.