Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A Diary of Private Prayer



"O Holy Spirit of God, visit now this soul of mine, and tarry within it until eventide.  Inspire all my thoughts.  Pervade all my imaginations.  Suggest all my decisions.  Lodge in my will's most inward citadel and order all my doings.  Be with me in my silence and in my speech, in my haste and in my leisure, in company and in solitude, in the freshness of the morning and in the weariness of the evening; and give me grace at all times to rejoice in Thy mysterious companionship.  Amen."

This prayer is taken from one of my favorite books which has been a tremendous influence in my prayer life.  A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie (Published 1949)

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. ....What a gorgeous prayer. Thank you for sharing this beauty in words. Lori

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.