Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

thursday: two

“You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.”

Lord God, you are the Alpha and Omega. Open my ears to your Word. Help me accept that you are huge God, an awesome God, beyond my comprehension.

Why, O Lord, do I sometimes put you in a box? Why do I define you in my terms? Why do I see you how I want to see you? O, how foolish I have been.

You, O Lord, remain constant – being the one true God that you are. Thank you, Lord, for never ceasing to amaze, to surprise, to shake my world – just by being you.

Instead of trying to define you, may I simply accept you. Instead of trying to explain you, may I sit in awe of your wonders. Instead of altering you in to fit my world, change my heart to conform to your kingdom.

Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.