Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Anxious Thoughts

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7
Oh, Lord God,

I cannot alone calm this anxious feeling deep within. Sleep is fleeting and I find my body tense. Where does all this pressure come from and how do I lay at Your feet these thoughts and fears that tie my soul in knots? Nothing quite makes sense at the moment. There is no huge disaster looming, just an array of loose ends battered by a seeming relentless wind, and I am blown about too.

I pray, dear Lord Jesus, that Your peace would flood my soul this day. Deep within I know You are near, but somewhere along the road my eyes have been diverted, my focus shifted. Lead in in Your paths, Oh God. Help me trust that You are there to care for my children, that You hold their future in Your hand. Please calm this momma's anxious heart.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. I love this prayer Martha, it seems you and I were having the same kind of night, although my prayer and thoughts were for my Mom who I miss being miles away from her. I will keep you in my prayers! The Bible verse is one of my favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.