- As you pray, let prayer be your first choice and not your last choice
- As you pray, let your gaze be on God and your glance on your requests.
- As you pray, pray from conviction and not from crisis
- As you pray, pray seeking the help and aid of the Holy Spirit
- As you pray, fill your prayers with praise for God and for all that He is
- As you pray, make your focus on spiritual principles for growth, rather than stuff. God is not a heavenly vending machine in the sky or a genie to take out and rub.
- As you pray, always remember God is worthy of our time, effort, and energy, so pray without ceasing.
As You Pray
A few great principles on prayer from Gregg at Gospel Driven Disciples: