Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Preparing for Holy Week

Our prayer today comes from the words of King David in Psalm 51:

Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love.

Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins.

Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin.
...
Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight.
...
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me—now let me rejoice.
...
Create in me a clean heart, O God.

Renew a loyal spirit within me.
...
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.
...
You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one. You do not want a burnt offering.

The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.

You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, as we prepare for Holy Week, this Scripture speaks to my heart. What does the Lord want... a contrite, broken and repentant heart! That's what I desire Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.