Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A 12 Step Prayer

God: I am powerless and my life is unmanageable without Your help and guidance. I come to You today because I believe that you can restore and renew me to meet my needs today.

Since I cannot manage my own life or affairs, I have decided to give them to You. I put my life, my will, my thoughts, my desires and ambitions in your hands. I give You all of me: the good and the bad, the character defects and shortcomings, my selfishness, resentments and problems. I know that You will work them out in accordance with Your plan.

Such as I am, take and use me in Your service. Guide and direct my ways and show me what to do for You.

I cannot control or change my friends or loved ones, so I release them into Your care for Your loving hands to do with as You will. Just keep me loving and free from judging them. If they need changing, God, You’ll have to do it; I can’t.

Just make me willing and ready to be of service to You, to have my shortcomings removed, and to do my best. Help me to see how I have harmed others and make me willing to make amends to them all. Keep me ever mindful of thoughts and actions that harm myself and others, and which separate me from Your light, love, and spirit. And when I commit these errors, make me aware of them and help me to admit each one promptly.

I am seeking to know You better, to love You more. I am seeking the knowledge of Your will for me and the power to carry it out. – Anonymous.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

2 comments:

  1. "Such as I am, take and use me in Your service. Guide and direct my ways and show me what to do for You."

    AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I give You all of me" - take my life Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.