Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Thanksgiving: Prayer's Foundation

Last week I shared a few Thanksgiving Rules over at my other blog. One of those rules speaks to the idea that we should always offer thanks when we pray. Thanksgiving is the foundation of prayer.. when we pray we should come to the Father with a thankful heart.. when we do our prayer will be different because our attitude will be different. So let me offer a prayer in that spirit.

Father I am thankful for your presence in my life.. I am grateful that you live in me and feel with me in joy and in sadness. Thank you so much for my friends and my family.. they bless and encourage me.. I ask you to bless them. Thank you for doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers.. give them wisdom as they balance the needs of their patients with their own needs. Thank you Lord for life.. help us to honor you as we live it.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.