Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Praying Psalm 69

Rescue me, O God! For the waters of life seem to have come up to my neck. I feel like I am sinking in deep mire where there is no foothold.. I am in over my head in deep waters.. and trials like a flood seem to sweep over me.

I am weary from crying out.. my spirit is parched from prayer. My heart grows dim as I wait for you Lord. Come in power Lord.

At every turn the enemies of my soul seem to oppose me seeking to destroy me.. they bombard me with guilt of my past sins.. O God, you know my folly; the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you. Cleanse me Lord.

Help me to be a blessing to those I meet today Lord.. cause my life to encourage others.. speak and act through me Lord.. and glorify your name in me.

Help my passion to be for you and your kingdom.. help me to know how to pray my way through today and to hear your voice as I go.

My prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time and in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.

Deliver me from sinking in the mire of sadness; let me be delivered from the enemies of my soul and from the deep waters of despair. Let not the flood of trials sweep over me, or let depression swallow me up, or the pit of temptation engulf me.

Answer me, O Lord, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me. Hide not your face from your servant; for I am in distress; make haste to answer me. Draw near to my soul, redeem me; ransom me from spiritual enemies!

You know my failures, my shame and my dishonor; these foes are all known to you. Failures have broken my heart, so that I am in despair. I looked for encouragement, but there was none among men, and for comforters, but I found none.

Turn my failures inside out dear Lord.. bring success out of failures.. light out of darkness.. and victory from despair.. work all these things for good that I may be conformed into the image of your son.

Give me love to be a blessing to the unlovely.. give me grace to be a blessing to the ungracious.. help me to bring goodness to those who are trapped in wickedness.

Turn my affliction and pain inside out.. bring goodness out of that which the enemy has devised for evil.. let your salvation, O God, raise me up!

I will praise your name O God with a song.. I will magnify you with thanksgiving. I know this will please you Lord more than doing religious acts.

For you Lord hear the needy and you do not despise your own people who are prisoners. Let heaven and earth praise you, the seas and everything that moves in them.

You will save those who are yours.. you will build up those who are downcast.. you will restore what was broken and bind up broken hearts.

You are great Lord and greatly to be praised!

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.