Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

The Countenance of Peace

The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, Thus you shall bless the people of Israel: you shall say to them, The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. "So shall they put my name upon the people of Israel, and I will bless them." (Numbers 6:22-27 ESV)

I love the connection in this verse between the Lord's countenance and peace. Ever think about how God's countenance is a peaceful one. When He lifts up his countenance on us we have peace that can be seen by others. So often in my life I do not have peace within and people can see it in my words, actions and in my countenance. We desperately need the blessing of His countenance of peace in our lives.

I confess my lack of peace to You dear heavenly Father and repent of my anxious striving. Cause Your face to shine on me.. imprint your countenance on me.. and give me peace. All glory to Your beautiful name.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

1 comment:

  1. What could be more peaceful than a baby sleeping? That's the kind of peace I pray for too.
    Joining with you Bob.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.