Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Praying Our Heart's Desire

Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. (Romans 10:1)

Jesus once said that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.. I think that we can also say that the heart prays out of that abundance. I love how in this verse we see that Paul had a deep desire in his heart for the spiritual need his fellow Jews.. and this desire caused him to pray. I have often found that the state of my prayer life is reflective of the state of my heart. Maybe our prayer life is a warning sign of a cold heart?

Dear Father of our hearts, we confess to you that our desire is not always abundant with the spiritual needs of those who need to know you. We ask you to heal our hearts and ignite a passion for the spiritual needs of others. Come Holy Spirit and set our hearts afire and give us grace to pray for those in spiritual need.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.