Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Making Mention of You in my Prayers

For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; (Romans 1:9)

I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, (Philemon 1:4)


Much is made amongst religious folks about spending "much" time in prayer. Isn't it interesting how Paul says that he merely mentions these folks as he prays. Possibly it isn't all about spending hours in prayer but simply bringing a person and their need before the Lord.

Sometimes I just whisper the name of a friend or loved one to the Lord in prayer.. He knows their needs.. He wants us to care enough to pray.. even if it is only saying their name in His presence. The point is to actually pray.

Lord, I am thinking about those who I regularly pray for. Help me to be faithful to ceaselessly bring these before you making mention of them and their needs to you. Asking for grace we pray in your name.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.